- About this Policy
1.1 This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members, how we use it, keep it and how we secure your rights in relation to it.
1.2 We may collect, use and store your personal data, as described in this Data
Processing Policy and as described when we collect data from you.
1.3 We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time without prior
notice. You are advised to check our website (www.shbha.co.uk)
regularly for any amendments (but amendments will not be made retrospectively).
1.4 We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when
dealing with your personal data. Further details on GDPR can be found at the
website of the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk)
- We are: Sovereign Harbour Berth Holders Association (SHBHA) and can be contacted
- The Information we collect and why.
SHBHA may hold the following data in SHBHA’s digital database:-
3.1 Purpose: To Manage the Member’s membership of SHBHA.
3.1.1 Legal Basis: Performing SHBHA’s legitimate interests in operating the Association
and performing the Association’s contract with the Member.
3.1.2 Type of information:
- a) Full Name, Postal address and post code of Member.
- b) Full name of Additional Member as appropriate
- c) E-mail address for the communication of relevant information.
- d) Telephone Number(s) both landline and mobile.
- e) Year joined
- f) The Vessel Name, Berth Number
- h) Vessel Type, Fuel type.
3.2 Additional data purpose: Pictures, videos: To add to the website, social media channels, Newsletter or poster to promote SHBHA.
Consent required to publish Vessel Name or members name
We will seek the Member’s consent should we wish to publish any photographs, their consent will be recorded on SHBHA digital database. The Member may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us by e-mail or letter.
3.3 SHBHA Website
- Protection of Personal Data
4.1 We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
4.2 Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the
internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
4.3 We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data
which might expose you to serious risk.
- Who else has access to the information you provide us?
5.1 We will never sell your personal data. We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold) except where required to do so by law as set out in section 3 above.
- How long do we keep your information?
6.1 We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a member of SHBHA and for as long afterwards as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We will review your personal data every year to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data except that we will retain your personal data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. compliance with tax requirements and exemptions, and the establishment exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Your rights
- You have rights under GDPR
7.1.1 to access your personal data
7.1.2 to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed.
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- to object or to restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
7.2 You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal
data to the Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/0303 123 1113
For more details please address any questions comments and requests regarding our data
processing practices to our Data Controller c/o SHBHA (see point 2 above).
Sovereign Harbour Berth Holders Association, SHBHA,
Data Protection Policy
- Persons joining SHBHA and members renewing their membership annually will be permitting SHBHA to hold limited personal data. This data will only be used for managing the day to day running of SHBHA. This rule will be reproduced on all application and renewal forms. All precautions will be taken to protect that information as laid down by the government regulations in force at the time. SHBHA will undertake not to share any of this data with outside agencies. SHBHA will never hold details of any credit or debit cards held by their members.
- Members will need to contact the Membership Secretary if they require personal data of other members. The office will then arrange for the two parties to mutually exchange their personal information.
- Data will be used for the dissemination of SHBHA activities for the sole purpose of providing useful information to the individual member.
- Members who wish for their personal data to be removed from storage must contact the Membership Secretary, membership@SHBHA.co.uk. This removal will inevitably mean a loss of vital communications with SHBHA.
- SHBHA may hold the following data in SHBHA’s digital data-base:-
- a) Full Name, Postal address and post code of Member
b Full name of Additional Member as appropriate
- c) Year of joining
- c) E-mail address for the purpose of communication of relevant information.
- d) Telephone Number(s) both landline and mobile.
- e) Preferred method of receipt of newsletter.
- f) The Vessel Berth, Sail or Power, Name, Make, Fuel Type